Saturday, September 5, 2009

How embarassing...In front of the library!

So I wake up today, thinking "what a great day!" I head to the gym and run a mile. I am not a natural runner by all means, I am slow and have to take breaks, but my goal is to make it through the U of U alumni 5K on September 26. I have to do it, it gives me motivation towards a goal and get in shape.

So, I run 2 miles and then decide to head to the library. I wanted to pick up this book called "The Power of Nice," while I wait for my sister to finish class and I am going to get some work done. Oh no, I asked too much for a peaceful day...

I walk over to the library and pick up the newspaper for my dad. My dad has this quirk where he wants all three newspapers. Yes, all three... Salt Lake Tribe, USA Today, and New York Times. He seriously sits in our living room and spends close to 2 hours everyday reading each section, except sports.

On a side note, he is the reason, newspapers still exists. Let's face it, our generation doesn't sit down and read a newspaper that much anymore. We get our news by television, cnn.com, etc.. and sadly enough sometimes tweets and facebook status updates. My dad is the lone generation that still loves reading something that is gigantic and makes your fingers all black. Also, it smells funny.

So I pick up the three newspapers and noticed one of the headers was the "New Fall Television Preview." I was reading and walking and my foot slipped into the flower bed and I tumbled down. This wasn't just a small fall, this was basically falling flat on the hard cement. When I hit the ground, my waterbottle flew from my hand, bag flew, all my papers for the "chili affair" flew as well.

I left a giant mess around me. I turned around and this boy (Ryan) ironically a grad student in the sociology department ran up to help me and I was so embarassed. He asked if I was ok, I told him I was just reading and walking. He laughed and said, yeah I saw that you were about to fall in the flower bed and he made me feel a lot better that he falls all the time and that whoever is here at the Library on a Saturday falls as well. So now we are falling friends, but it's still really embarassing.

My knee is bleeding as well and I have shorts on. People must think I was attacked by a wild animal. Sad :(

0 comments: