Sunday, November 22, 2009

Unbelievable: Car loses control and no one is hurt!

Our trip to Ithaca, NY came to an end on Saturday at 3:30 pm. We decided it would be ideal to drive down to NYC since our place was leaving Sunday around 2 pm and it takes around 5 hours to drive and maybe even longer with how lost we get. So at the last minute, I got us a hotel in the city.

I went on www.priceline.com and decided to do a hotel bid. I was so lucky and got room at the Hilton for $120 on a Saturday night. It is literally 1 block from Radio City and 2 blocks from the Broadway Theatre district. The Hilton is in an ideal location and it’s really nice. If you go there, I’d definitely recommend it. Just try not to rent a car, parking is almost $50 for 24 hours. I know, welcome to NYC. When I went to Seattle, they charged about $17, so I didn’t feel too bad about it.

Anyways, we had just gotten off track and drove into a pit stop. There was a little eating place called Vince Lombardi. My friend Hannah and I saw a penny making machine, so we spent the time cranking out pennies while the rest of the group got directions.


We got our pennies and the others got directions, we started heading back to the freeway. All of a sudden a car accelerates around us and starts to fish tail. The car was a white Ford Explorer and it did a 90 degree turn and looked like it was going to crash into the ramp, but to all of our surprised, the Explorer went over the ramp.

Then it crossed 4 lanes of traffic and went over a second ramp into on-coming traffic. Yes, he crossed a total of probably 6 lanes of traffic and landed in on-coming traffic. It was crazy! We were all sitting in the car in shock because it was like we were watching a scene from a stunt show. Even when he landed in on-coming traffic, no one hit the car. They were all able to go around it and he had to do a U-turn to continue driving, which meant he crossed another 4 lanes to flip his car around.

When the car went over the second ramp, it was up in the air almost parallel. I thought the car was going to roll backwards. It was truly amazing nothing happened. If I was anyone in that car, I’d probably pass out from fright. It was seriously unbelievable. I wish I had gotten it on camera!

Seriously, it happened so quickly, no one really knew what was going on. My explaination doesn't even do this justice. I mean, this is a once in a lifetime event. It was so cool, yet so scary.

0 comments: