The snow just never stopped coming over these past few weeks! My aunt was supposed to fly in on December 19th, but her plane got canceled with the arrival of the first big storm. My cousin from Corona, Cali came over to stay with us over her school break and it was so much fun to have her. I love my cousin!
Since she has never really experienced the greatness of snow, she was super excited with everything from the snow falling to icicles. It made me realize how much we take snow for granted here. I know that each time I hear about a snow storm I have 3 thoughts in my head...
1. This sucks, we have to shovel the snow.
2. Traffic is going to be a pain in the you know what....
2. It's is so cold and my hair and purse is going to get wet.
Having my cousin here brought me back to my childhood. We took her sledding and my dad even found our sled from when we were little and our hot pink snow pants for my cousin too.

We also made a hecka-tight snowman. We have a video of our efforts. We had a brilliant idea of rolling the snowball down the hill in my backyard, but it was gigantic, so it created a few problems trying to make the head and the middle proportional. We had to have four people to lift the head on and also one person standing on a chair. In the end, our snowman was awesome! Since it hasn't been as cold, the snowman looks like he's been losing weight. It makes me sort of sad.


2 comments:
Lird, you totally should have showed me this while I was here...looks awesome! And does your sister care that you posted that post? Didn't think she knew you'd peeped... :)
I know, you totally take snow for granted when you have it all the time. This winter I realized how much I love cold weather and snow. I prayed for snow here in Oregon, and we got dumped on. I loved it. :)
Post a Comment